How to send data to XSplit Broadcaster?
There are several ways how to send data from Scoreboard OCR to XSplit Broadcaster:
- Using Multiple TXT Files
- Using Browser Window
1. Using Multiple TXT Files
- In Scoreboard OCR choose “Multiple TXT files”
- Add fields. Based on the fields defined in Scoreboard OCR this will create and regularly update multiple TXT files each containing value of the field. For example, “clock.txt”, “score_a.txt”, “score_b.txt” each will contain their respective values.
- In XSplit Broadcaster choose Add Text → Use Custom Scripts → Edit Script → Template → Load Text From Local file → in File Path choose the TXT file. If you want to read data 10x a second, do the following:
- Go to Script tab
- Copy the script to a notepad and change the update interval value from 1000 to 100
- Alternatively you can download the modified script here: xsplit_updateinterval_100ms.txt
- Choose Template → Blank Template
- Paste the modified script in Script panel and click “Update Text”
- XSplit Broadcaster will now read data 10x a second
- Repeat previous step for each field (clock, score_a, score_b, etc)
2. Using Browser Window
If your graphics engine by default does not support reading data from sources at least 10x a second (which is crucial for some sports such as basketball), most probably you can use an alternative approach - add scoreboard data using a Browser Window.