1. How to display fouls as graphics, not numbers ?
2. How to display 1st, 2nd ... OT, OT2... in graphics ?
Make sure you choose Period (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, OT), which will translate “1” to “1st”, “2” to “2nd” and “5” to “OT” and send to your graphics engine
Alternatively you can use scripting to create custom period namings
3. Sometimes there is an object in the line of sight between the camera and scoreboard, therefore we loose the score in graphics
Make sure you tick “Ignore Empty values” checkbox. This functionality deals with a situation when someone/something covers the scoreboard during the match or scoreboard is powered off right after the match (very useful for match time and score). If this feature is activated, the empty values will not be sent to graphics engine, old values will remain in graphics. Remember not to do this for 24sec shot clock, because empty value on scoreboard is actually a valid value.
4. The application is not starting
- Please uninstall Scoreboard OCR completely and install the latest version from scoreboard-ocr.com
- Check if you have at least Windows 7 or newer 64bit operating system installed
5. The application asking to update and not starting
- Uninstall Scoreboard OCR completely
- Download from here and install from the scratch
6. Capture device is not working
- Make sure that you have attached to your computer the capture device(s), which you wan to use with Scoreboard OCR
- Download DirectShowCaptureCapabilities tool from here and run it on your computer
- Click on Save
- Send the saved file to mailto:email@example.com for analysis. We will get more information about your capture devices, supported formats, resolutions, etc and we will get back to you with a solution
- Temporary solution is to use, for example, vMix. You can open any capture device in vMix and then in Scoreboard OCR choose Input type “Local Capture Device” and choose “vMix Video” with “Automatic” Resolution. This is a workaround to get the camera to show up in Scoreboard OCR.
7. Why is my capture feed jittery in Scoreboard OCR?
We only display capture feed at 5 frames per second to save CPU resources.
Check the fps counter in lower left corner of Scoreboard OCR see at what frame rate the digits are actually being recognized, it should be at least 25fps and up to 60fps depending on the video source.
8. How to make Avermedia C875 work?
Avermedia C875 is a bit tricky, but it is possible to make it work using the following steps:
- Start 32bit version of vMix and use it to output video feed from C875
- Use vMix to output output the scoreboard camera via NDI and choose NDI input in Scoreboard OCR
- Use vMix to output the scoreboard camera as vMix 2nd output (virtual capture device) and use Local Capture Device in Scoreboard OCR by choosing “vMix Video External 2” and Resolution “automatic”
9. Can Scoreboard OCR work on MAC ?
Some users have reported that Scoreboard OCR works on:
- Pro Retina 15, Mac Pro 2013 + Bootcamp.
- Windows through Parallels
- Using WineHQ (only NDI/RTSP/RTMP inputs available, no capture cards)
At this point we are not planning to develop a MAC version of Scoreboard OCR unfortunately.
10. How to minimize digit recognition latency/delay ?
Total latency consists of the following components:
- OCR capture latency
- Decklink cards have relatively low capture latency (100ms)
- Use 720p50 or 720p60 capture format
- Set camera shutter speed to 1/50 or 1/60 (depends on the capture format)
- OCR processing latency (this is normally max 50ms)
- OCR output latency. For low latency use TCP/UDP socket client/server output (it will be below 5ms)
- GFX engine rendering latency (depends on the GFX engine)
- GFX engine output latency (depends on the GFX engine). For CasparCG make sure you check this
We have achieved total OCR latency of as low as 150ms when using Decklink input cards with 720p60 video format
11. I have an older analog capture dongle and I cannot make it work
First test your capture device in vMix. If you have no video, you most probably need to set the crossbar and video format for that particular capture device. Go into capture device settings (you can do that using OBS when opening this capture device)
- Crossbar - change to Composite In (assuming you are using the yellow 'banana' connector)
- Settings - change to PAL (if you are capturing at 720×576 50i)
12. I have an IP camera in the venue capturing the scoreboard and I would like to access it from a remote studio
IP cameras usually output RTSP which is a UDP 'pull' protocol. Because its UDP, its not good for sending it via public internet. Because its a 'pull' protocol, you would actually need to have external static IP address on the IP camera which is not realistic if you dont control the internet in the venue.
Solution is to:
- Set up a linux based single board computer such as Raspberry Pi next to the IP camera in the venue
- Transmux the RTSP stream to RTMP stream using ffmpeg
ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://ip_address:554/Streaming/Channels/1 -c:v copy -c:a copy -async 1 -f flv rtmp://ip_address/app/stream -stimeout 3
- Send the stream to a Wowza or alternatve RTMP server
- Pull the feed from Wowza server in Scoreboard OCR using RTMP capture input option
13. How to make Elgato Cam Link work?
The Elgato Cam Link series requires entering in the exact Resolution and Frame Rate in Scoreboard OCR that the camera is sending in order to work correctly. Setting these incorrectly may result in jittery video and/or one or more error messages.
To find out what settings to enter, follow the steps below:
- Download the 4K Capture Utility from the Elgato web site: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/downloads
- Run this program and confirm it is receiving video from the Cam Link
- Make note of the “Source” resolution and frame rate in top right hand corner of the utility.
- Close the program and then open Scoreboard OCR
- Go to Select Capture and select the Cam Link
- Choose the Resolution as seen in 4k Capture Utility
- Choose Frame rate as seen in 4k Capture Utility
14. Im getting error 0xc000007b when trying to start Scoreboard OCR
Please donwload and install VC Redistributable
15. How to delay Scoreboard OCR output
16. Can Scoreboard OCR recognize tennis scoreboard?
Yes and no.
Scoreboard can't recognize 'AD', but can still recognize digits.